Re: [RP] What I want to do / code

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [RP] What I want to do / code
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:32:23 +0100

On Saturday, 26 Apr 2014 at 19:51, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> This email is a
> statement of what I am thinking I'd like to do.  It's a bit long, but if
> you're interested in ratpoison development, I would very much appreciate
> your feedback.

Okay!  I don't have an opinion on many of the items you listed except
for the following:

> *1.  Frame affinity.*  Windows want to stay with the frame.  Closing a

I would love to have this implemented.  It's especially useful for
multihead and wide screen set ups.

> *3.  Workspace improvements.*  The current rpws seems broken with multiple
> heads.  It also seems slow.  Where other window managers even animate a

Proper multihead support would be great.  At present, only one monitor
changes display when switching workspaces.  This gets confusing wuite
quickly.

> *9.  Add scripts to contrib* for wifi connection, removable media
> mounting/unmounting, and so forth.

wicd-curses, usbmount, acpi, ...? all there and easily accessible from
an xterm or equicalent.  I would suggest that documentation is more
important here than actual changes to RP?

thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.1 + Ma Gnus v0.10 + evil 1.0-dev