[RP] rpws and sfdump/sfrestore (was: select patch)

From: Jeff Abrahamson
Subject: [RP] rpws and sfdump/sfrestore (was: select patch)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 10:22:25 +0100

I'm moving this to a separate thread for sanity.

I proposed doing this in 42224.  I still mean to, but some professional things have gotten in the way the last couple months.  I am not a jealous person, should you want to have a go.  ;-)  Otherwise, I'm sure I will get to this later this Summer, as it annoys me.

I strongly believe that ditching rpws in favor of an internal implementation is the right thing to do.  WS switching should be instant, and it is currently far from instant.

-Jeff