Re: [rdiff-backup-users] HFS+ Resource Fork Patch

From: Daniel Hazelbaker
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] HFS+ Resource Fork Patch
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:20:05 -0700

On 7/16/03 8:50 AM, "Daniel Hazelbaker" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hmm... On thinking of this, actually, unless it loads the metadata when it
> compares a file before backing it up (which it should, am I correct?) then
> __eq__ won't work either...

Yes, I just verified this. Rdiff-backup isn't using the metadata when it is
checking if two files are equal, only the actual information of the file.
This is confusing to me, I thought that is what the point of the metadata
was so that you do not have to run as root and thus it would store all that
information in meta and restore it later?  Am I missing a flag I need to
pass to tell it to use the metadata instead of what the file claims to be?

Daniel