Re: [rdiff-backup-users] bad rpm on the homepage

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] bad rpm on the homepage
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:35:12 -0700

  FL> hi, the rpm on the homepage:
  FL> http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/rdiff-backup-0.13.0-0.fdr.1.i386.rpm
  FL> is compiled in a wrong way and therefore all pyc file contains
  FL> the /var/tmp/rdiff-backup-0.13.0-0.fdr.1-root-ben/ prefix so it
  FL> never works:-( if I recompile the src.rpm on rh9 it works.

Ack, the problem seems to be that there is a file missing
(fs_abilities.py!) from the 0.13.0 packages.  It's new to version
0.13.0 and I forgot to update the distribution script.

Sorry about this.  I've updated the 0.13.0 packages, so try them now.

BTW, I also changed the rpm packaging, because I was trying to add
rdiff-backup to Fedora, an apt-get redhat add-on that I've recently
been using.  But I'm not seeing any problem with the binary rpm that
wasn't in the source.  In fact, I don't see how your recompilation of
the source rpm could have helped..

--
Ben Escoto