Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Missing files after rdiff-backup

From: Wolfe Maykut
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Missing files after rdiff-backup
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:45:18 -0700

        To catch people up; I've had a few problems with rdiff-backup
not backing up all of the files on a filesystem.  I've managed to get
it working now.  Unfortunately I changed a number of things, any one
of which could have fixed it.  Here's what I did:

1)  Upgraded from version 0.12.0 to 0.12.3

2)  Instead of running it on the entire 343gb filesystem, I broke it
    up and have it running on a number of smaller chunks, the largest
    of which is 113gb

3)  Previously the rdiff-backup had been copying from a "snapshotted"
    filesystem on a netapp.  It was a daily snapshot, so it changed in
    the middle of backups.  I changed it to back up off a weekly
    snapshot so the files wouldn't change midstream

        The machine I have this running on currently only has 1gb of
swap, which could be part of the problem as well.  I'll be changing
that sometime today.

        Anyway, just wanted to let people know.

        Thanks for the help and support, Ben!  This is a great product!

                --Wolfe