[rdiff-backup-users] location rdiff-backup-data dir

From: Jean-Sébastien GOETSCHY
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] location rdiff-backup-data dir
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:42:06 +0200

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to put the rdiff-backup-data
in an other directory ? (on an other partition say).
I try to make a symlink. backup takes place without errors, but increments are
not stored (but logs are). remove-older-than fails too (checking the existance
of the dir with is a symlink).
Is ther any way to do this ? or an option like
--datadir=/backup/rdiff-backup-data ?

My reason to do this is that I have two servers, one in prod and one in cold
stand-by. My configurations - and so my partitions - are exactly the same.
keeping 90 days of backup cost me the double in size, and would like to put
this overhead on a new disk.

Regards,
Jean-Sebastien