Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem installing rdiff-backup-0.12.5

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem installing rdiff-backup-0.12.5
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:53:49 -0800

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:05:31 -0300
"Raul I. Becette" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying to install rdiff-backup and get the following error message
>
> ----------------------
> address@hidden rdiff-backup-0.12.5]# python setup.py install
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "setup.py", line 4, in ?
>     from distutils.core import setup, Extension
> ImportError: No module named distutils.core
>
> How can I solve this?

Perhaps you have an incomplete python distribution?  distutils is a
module package that is included with the standard library.  If you are
using a distribution you may need to download more python rpms or
something.  Otherwise you can go to http://www.python.org and download
the python tarball there.

--
Ben Escoto