[rdiff-backup-users] Restore problem with 0.12.6-1

From: Adnan H Yusuf
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Restore problem with 0.12.6-1
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 07:54:44 +0200

Hi,

I've been backing up files without a problem but when I try to restore from a
directory that's been modified recently, I get the error:

  OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/_master_files'

The traceback is included at the end of this email.

If I create the directory, I have to use --force, otherwise rdiff-backup
complains:

  Fatal Error: Restore target /tmp/_master_files already exists, specify
--force to overwrite.

And when I use --force, the directory _master_files under tmp is promptly
unlinked. I should mention that the directory _master_files exists in the
mirror: I was trying to restore two existing files in that directory to their
24-hours-prior state.

I've tried restoring from a directory that had not been modified since the
mirror was created... worked fine.

I apologize if this question has been answered previously... I couldn't find
any reference to it. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Adnan.