[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup on debian

From: Carsten Lorenz
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup on debian
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:09:58 +0200

Hi,

we would like to try rdiff-backup for our two fileservers.
Both servers are running debian 3.1 and rdiff-backup 0.13.4.
The filesystem is xfs and we are using ACLs.

The idea is to backup the data of one server to the raid of the other one.
Has anyone experience with ca. 1TB of files?

A test showed that rdiff-backup can't handle our ACLs. Any suggestions?

Carsten

Executing ssh -C address@hidden rdiff-backup --server
Unable to import module xattr. EAs not supported on filesystem at /mnt/files/clients/Safety
Unable to import module posix1e from pylibacl package.
ACLs not supported on filesystem at /mnt/files/clients/Safety
Detected abilities for source (read only) file system:
 Access control lists                         Off
 Extended attributes                          Off
 Mac OS X style resource forks                Off
 Mac OS X Finder information                  Off
Unable to import module xattr. EAs not supported on filesystem at /mnt/backup/test-rdb/rdiff-backup-data/rdiff-backup.tmp.0
Unable to import module posix1e from pylibacl package.
ACLs not supported on filesystem at /mnt/backup/test-rdb/rdiff-backup-data/rdiff-backup.tmp.0
Detected abilities for destination (read/write) file system:
 Characters needing quoting                   ''
 Ownership changing                           On
 Hard linking                                 On
 fsync() directories                          On
 Directory inc permissions                    On
 Access control lists                         Off
 Extended attributes                          Off
 Mac OS X style resource forks                Off
 Mac OS X Finder information                  Off
Starting increment operation /mnt/files/clients/Safety to /mnt/backup/test-rdb
--------------[ Session statistics ]--------------
StartTime 1120491346.00 (Mon Jul  4 17:35:46 2005)
EndTime 1120491378.93 (Mon Jul  4 17:36:18 2005)
ElapsedTime 32.93 (32.93 seconds)
SourceFiles 11952
SourceFileSize 19470949989 (18.1 GB)
MirrorFiles 11952