Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup probm

From: Davy Durham
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup probm
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:28:38 -0500

Ben Escoto wrote:

Davy Durham <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Wed, 17 Aug 2005 01:51:27 -0500

Also, still two questions:

1) Is it okay/wise to delete the backup.log and restore.log files from the rdiff-backup-data directories?

Sure, they are never read by the program.

cool

2) I'm noticing some old empty directory trees within
rdiff-backup-data/increments that I would presume should have been removed as the --remove-older-than flag has been being used all along to produce a rolling 30 day window. These trees have other empty directories in them... but no files of any kind. Is this normal/expected?

Yes, that's normal, but probably should be considered a bug (we might
as well delete those to reduce clutter).  I added the issue to the bug
tracker.

ok great..

BTW- when do you think those patches you created might be in a release?