Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Possible python 2.3 dependency?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Possible python 2.3 dependency?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:58:36 -0500

> Sorry, it appears that I spoke too soon. It works for backups to a remote
> machine, but local ones still fail, with the following trace:
> Any ETA on a fix, before I have to downgrade all my boxen to 0.12.8
> to get my backups working again?

Actually I think the remote ones will fail too for the same reason,
unless you start off by doing --exclude-device-files (the device files
are still in the system, put there by 0.12.8).

Anyway, I think the patch at

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup/rpath.py.diff?r2=1.85&r1=1.84&diff_format=u

is a lazy fix for it (it won't write device files for you, but that
isn't necessary anymore now that metadata is stored separately, and
you were willing to exclude device files anyway).

--
Ben Escoto