Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Getting Error with rdiff-backup 1.0.0

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Getting Error with rdiff-backup 1.0.0
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:20:43 -0500

> I'm getting the following error with rdiff-backup 1.0.0
>
> Any ideas? Does a later version fixed this issue?
>
> Processing changed file home/bofflimited/foo
> Sending back exception 'filetype' of type exceptions.KeyError:
> 555, in get_attached_filetype
>     return self.data['filetype']

Yes, v1.0.1 should fix this problem.  Here is a relevant excerpt from
the CHANGELOG:

New in v1.0.1 (2005/09/10)

Fix for "'filetype' of type exceptions.KeyError" error when restoring.
Test case provided by Davy Durham.  (The problem was the
mirror_metadata file could become un-synced when a file is deleted
when rdiff-backup is running and later the directory that file is in
gets deleted.)

Aren't you glad you reported that bug earlier? ;)

--
Ben Escoto