Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fink rdiff-backup 1.1.0 problems

From: Kevin Horton
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fink rdiff-backup 1.1.0 problems
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:05:36 -0400

On 26 Oct 2005, at 21:07, Kevin Horton wrote:

On 26 Oct 2005, at 13:45, Ben Escoto wrote:

Kevin Horton <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:32:57 -0400

Fatal Error: New quoting requirements!

Hmm, try this debugging patch and post what happens:

It won't fix the problem but should give some more information.

Also try backing up into a new repository and let's see if that works.

Thanks for your testing,
--

<-- a whole bunch of stuff from my earlier message has been snipped out -->

So, it looks like I still need to disable the uppercase character encoding.  I removed the partial backup, and tried again:

Now it has been happily churning away through a new full backup for over an hour, with many more hours to go if it is successful.  I'll report back tomorrow morning with the results.

I have concluded:

1. The v1.1.0 is not compatible with backups created with v1.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.2, with both the source and destination on HFS+ volumes.

2. v1.1.0 appears to be able to create a new full backup on OS X 10.4.2, with both the source and destination on HFS+ volumes.

Kevin Horton

Well, it didn't take as long as I expected to finish that full back up.  It was successful, using a command line of:

sudo rdiff-backup -v7 --override-chars-to-quote '' --print-statistics --exclude-globbing-filelist /rdiff-backup_exclude_list /Users/kwh /Volumes/Ext_BU/Users/kwh/rdiffbu_v1_1_0

Kevin