Re: [rdiff-backup-users] cygwin probs fsync again :(

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] cygwin probs fsync again :(
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:45:59 -0500

> Hi,
> Still having problems on cygwin - here is the traceback on a -v7 initial
> backup from inside cygwin:
> 1090, in fsync_local
>      os.fsync(fd)
> OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

> Is that helpful at all Ben?
> Let me know if there are other tests that need doing.

Hmm the line numbers matche my version, but my copy of v1.1.0 looks
like this:

        try:
                fd = os.open(self.path, os.O_RDONLY)
                os.fsync(fd)
                os.close(fd)
        except OSError, e:
                if e.errno != errno.EPERM or self.isdir(): raise

The try...except was added last release to handle exactly this error.
So if we are using the same version I don't know why it wouldn't have
been caught.  Maybe you could just try this code manually, see if you
can figure out why cygwin wouldn't be catching the OSError like the
except says?

--
Ben Escoto