Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup error due to different versions of rdiff

From: sim
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup error due to different versions of rdiff-backup
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:56:27 -0800

Dean's package seems to depend on a newer libc6, this is what I got on
a sarge machine:

puddle:~# dpkg -i rdiff-backup_1.0.4-0.cvs20060120_i386.deb
Selecting previously deselected package rdiff-backup.
(Reading database ... 25685 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking rdiff-backup (from rdiff-backup_1.0.4-0.cvs20060120_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of rdiff-backup:
  rdiff-backup depends on libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1); however:
  Version of libc6 on system is 2.3.2.ds1-22.
dpkg: error processing rdiff-backup (--install):
  rdiff-backup

Dean this package was created on a machine running etch right?

I used apt-get source to download the rdiff-backup source on to a machine
running etch, then I copied the source tree to a sarge machine and
built it there.

Now rdiff-backup backs up from etch to sarge without any warnings.

You need to have librsync-dev and the debian packaging tools installed.

If you want it, you can get my package for sarge here:
http://puddle.ca/~sim/debian/rdiff-backup_1.1.5-1_i386-sarge.deb

--
sim