[rdiff-backup-users] cron script for rdiff-backup

From: james bardin
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] cron script for rdiff-backup
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:05:46 -0500

 I found the cause of a recent problem on my system where some diffs
were corrept and couldn't be removed.

It turns out that something happened to cron and and anacron, causing
them both to run the backup sumiltaniously. This in turn killed my all
my prior increments.

I whipped up a python script to be called from cron. It creates a PID
file, and reads the backup session arguments from a config file. It
also sends entries to syslog, and all stdout to a file in /var/log/.

Is this something anyone would want to include in the distribution, or
leave it to the end user?
Is this already done somehow?
If anyone wants to see it, is it OK to attach code to the mailing list?

jim