Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Out of space error

From: Matt Hirons
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Out of space error
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:27:46 -0500

Well, I just have one partition (besides my backup disk and swap)
mounted at / and that has about 375GB free.  Unless there is some kind
of soft limit placed on how big /tmp can be?

I just tried to rerun rdiff-backup after having deleted the
/rdiff-backup-data directory and it fails almost immediately with
[Errno 28] No space left on device:
'/media/usbdisk/ftpbackup/rdiff-backup.tmp.1'  Immediately before and
after running rdiff, I did a df and verified that about 250GB is free.
 I did a 'ls | wc' on /media/usbdisk/ftpbackup and I see 65527 files.
I know FAT16 has a limit around there on number of files, but I'm
almost positive this is FAT32 where the limit is much bigger according
to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Matt