Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Troubles with --include-list and --exclude-list

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Troubles with --include-list and --exclude-list options
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 00:59:50 -0400

Hi Peter,

I think what you want to do is as simple as switching the order of
--exclude-filelist and --include-filelist. So,

rdiff-backup    --verbosity 5 \
                --print-statistics \
                --include-filelist /backup/include/$i \
                --exclude-filelist /backup/exclude/$i \
                address@hidden::/ /backup/lun/$i

the --include option has higher precedence since it comes first on the
command-line. In the manpage
(http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup.1.html) there is the
example (File Selection section):

rdiff-backup --include /usr/local/bin --exclude /usr/local /usr /backup

would backup the /usr/local/bin directory (and its contents), but not
/usr/local/doc.

Is this what you're looking for?

Andrew