Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.01 and 1.04 together - directories change nam

From: Jesse Reynolds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.01 and 1.04 together - directories change names
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:17:57 +1000

On 12/06/2006, at 1:38, Andrew Ferguson wrote:

Jesse Reynolds wrote:
Hello

Is it a very bad idea to run rdiff-backup version 1.01 and 1.04
together? that is, local machine (client, Mac OS X) runs 1.04 and
remote machine (server, Solaris 10) runs 1.01 ?

I've just tried backing up the /etc directory from the remote Solaris
10 box and it's changed some directory names.

Nope, that's the expected behavior in this case.

It's actually rdiff-backup being very smart. See:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/rdiff-backup-users/2006-05/ msg00063.html
for an explanation.

Of course, thank you. I had noticed they were escape codes for the capital chars, and was wondering why. Ta.

I think I'll reformat one firewire drive as UFS so that the backup is easier to browse.

Cheers
Jesse

Jesse Reynolds
address@hidden