Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Ver1.1.12 Sunfreeware Installs fine, but errors

From: Jesternzl
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Ver1.1.12 Sunfreeware Installs fine, but errors when try to run.
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:45:55 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew Ferguson-3 wrote:

> Jesternzl wrote:
>> This is the weird thing. I followed this thread before and could see the
>> site-packages directory in the python path and rdiff-backup is in that
>> directory.

>> ['', '/usr/local/lib/python25.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5',
>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/plat-sunos5',
>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-tk',
>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload',
>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages']
>
> At the start of the rdiff-backup script, it generally has
> "#!/usr/bin/env python" -- is that python the same as the python you ran
> above? The one you ran above looks like it might be
> /usr/local/bin/python2.5 ... What does the first line of the script say?
> (you can find it by doing `which rdiff-backup`)
>
> That is, do you have multiple python binaries? I know I have three
> python binaries installed on my system (2.3.5, 2.4.3 and 2.5.1), so I
> have to make sure that the python rdiff-backup is calling is the one
> under which I installed it with.
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden

> Wiki URL:
> http://rdiff-backup.solutionsfirst.com.au/index.php/RdiffBackupWiki

I have only installed python 2.5, needed as a dependency for rdiff. (BTW
This is a new solaris 9 install)
Anyway the first line of rdiff is
bash-2.05$ more rdiff-backup
#!/usr/local/bin/python
# rdiff-backup -- Mirror files while keeping incremental changes
# Version 1.1.12 released July 12, 2007
# Copyright (C) 2001-2005  Ben Escoto <address@hidden>

And doing a which python points to /usr/local/bin/python
Which is version 2.5.1

So I don't think its a version issue.

Sean...