Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backwards compatibility

From: Kurt Yoder
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backwards compatibility
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:27:33 -0500

On Dec 4, 2007, at 8:50 AM, BDV wrote:

Hello,

A newbie question.
My rdiff-backup network setup runs fine when I run the same version of
rdiff-backup on both sides.
When I try to backup a machine running a other distribution (and rdiff-backup
version), it fails.

Warning: Local version 1.1.5 does not match remote version 1.1.14.
Exception 'too many values to unpack' raised of class 'exceptions.ValueError'

And its ends with a python crash dump.

How do I enable backwards compatibility?

Thanks for your help.

BDV

As far as I can tell from reading this list, rdiff-backup doesn't support backwards compatibility very much, especially between two versions as far apart as you mention. You'll need to install 1.1.14 on the machine that currently has 1.1.5. This shouldn't be too hard to instal, since it's only python scripts.

--
Kurt Yoder