Re: [rdiff-backup-users] --never-drop-acls / (almost) solved

From: David Andel
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] --never-drop-acls / (almost) solved
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 08:25:41 +0200

Hi Andrew

The problem with the CRC errors actually was due to rdiff-backup, no
hardware error present.

> You really only need it on the source machine (the machine which is
> being backed-up). rdiff-backup will store the ACLs in an internal file
> (rdiff-backup-data/access_control_lists*) so that they can be written
> back on restore.
>
> Additionally, if pylibacl is present on the destination, rdiff-backup
> will try to write the ACLs to the backed-up versions.

This actually lead to the solution. After I have removed pylibacl and
pyxattr from the destination machine, it worked.

The only output I do not understand yet is the following line (but I am
not sure it this line gets printed by rdiff-backup or by backupninja):

df: `': No such file or directory

Anyway, it works now. Thanks a lot.

David