[rdiff-backup-users] problem with rdiff-backup

From: Madan Kumar
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] problem with rdiff-backup
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 17:33:37 +0530

Hi All,
I am using rdiff-backup on winXP and on Vista. It is taking the backup of small files smoothly. Bup when I am taking the backup of 1GB DAT file then it gets very slow. When  I take the backup first time of ONE-GB file, it takes approximately 1-2 minutes(very good). When I make the changes in any two Bytes of that DAT file and again take the incremental, It takes 5-6 minutes(quite reasonable).
BUT when I make the changes in 200MB data of that one-GB file and again take the incremental, it takes time-time and time..... I tried it two times and after 2 hours I stopped it because it is not completing the incremental.

Please provide me some guidelines;

Thanks
Regards
M Chauhan