Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 1.1.17 released

From: Oliver Hookins
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 1.1.17 released
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:38:33 +1000

On Thu Jul 17, 2008 at 09:09:40 -0400, Andrew Ferguson wrote:

> The plan is to release this version as a new stable branch, 1.2.0 in
> about ten days.
>
> Before then, I am interested in exploring the SELinux issue and Oliver
> Hookins' problems. With respect to SELinux, rdiff-backup just relies
> upon Python's distutils to build the libraries, so it will require some
> digging to see why the SELinux chcon command is needed.

Well I'm happy to provide any diagnostic information you would like to aid
with this. Part of the problem to me seems like there is no logging on the
client side - so if something goes wrong that isn't communicated to the
server you have a difficult time finding out what went wrong. But I guess
this wouldn't be trivial to implement.

--
Regards,
Oliver Hookins