[rdiff-backup-users] attribute strangeness with destimation

From: John covici
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] attribute strangeness with destimation
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:03:53 -0400

Hi.  I have a system which I want to back up to a Linux ext-3 file
system.  Now what is strange is that for the destination file system,
it says:
Detected abilities for destination (read/write) file system:^M
  Ownership changing                           On^M
  Hard linking                                 On^M
  fsync() directories                          On^M
  Directory inc permissions                    On^M
  High-bit permissions                         On^M
  Symlink permissions                          Off^M
  Extended filenames                           On^M
  Windows reserved filenames                   Off^M
  Access control lists                         Off^M
  Extended attributes                          Off^M
  Windows access control lists                 Off^M
  Case sensitivity                             On^M
  Escape DOS devices                           Off^M
  Mac OS X style resource forks                Off^M
  Mac OS X Finder information                  Off^M

Now my question is why does it say Simlink permissions off?  I am
running as root, so what is going on.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         address@hidden