[rdiff-backup-users] How to manage with old[ish] versions?

From: Chris G
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] How to manage with old[ish] versions?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:43:58 +0000

I am using rdiff-backup from xubuntu 8.10, the version available on
the Ubuntu repositories is 1.1.16.  This makes life rather difficult
when trying to backup to and fro from systems where I'm building
rdiff-backup myself.

OK, I can do backups between different versions but it gives warning
messages and also different versions are sometimes incompatible.

Is there any way to tell a newer version to work compatibly (and
silently) with older versions?

--
Chris Green