Re: [rdiff-backup-users] target filesystem

From: Max Waterman
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] target filesystem
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:35:42 +0200

Andreas Olsson wrote:
fre 2009-02-27 klockan 11:47 +0200 skrev Max Waterman:

Is there a way to make sure the target filesystem is mounted?

The problem is that a recent reboot failed to mount the backup
filesystem and so when rdiff-backup ran, it filled up the root file
system....

Not sure if that is a job best done inside rdiff-backup. How about
simply wrapping rdiff-backup in a (shell-)script which makes the
necessary checks before running the backup?

Yes, this is the approach we're taking...basically, there's not a lot of point in having the filesystem mounted when the backup isn't in progress, so our script will mount it before and umount it after.

However, it seemed like it would be a common thing to do, so I figured there might already be a solution built into rdiff-backup...or not...worth checking anyway :)

Thanks,

Max.