[rdiff-backup-users] Re: SELinux preventing rdiff-backup

From: Szakacsits Szabolcs
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: SELinux preventing rdiff-backup
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:35:08 +0000 (UTC)

Andrew Ferguson <adferguson <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I guess what this situation is crying for is a better set of tests
> when run under Linux, to determine which namespaces it should or
> should not try to preserve.

I think so, too.

For instance the Stable NTFS-3G driver supports only the "user."
namespace (unless it's disabled). The Advanced NTFS-3G driver
supports all the four namespaces. The next version of the Stable
NTFS-3G releases may also start to support all non-ACL related
namespaces.

In short, file systems usually evolve slowly. It can take some
time to fully support everything.

Regards,  Szaka

--
NTFS-3G: http://ntfs-3g.org