[rdiff-backup-users] Migrating from rsync to rdiff-backup.

From: Friedrich Clausen
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Migrating from rsync to rdiff-backup.
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:43:47 +0100

Hi All,

I am currently backing up some data via rsync but I want to start
using rdiff-backup because of the incremental backup features. I wish
to backup some file server data to a remote location - I am using the
rsync.net backup services.

My question revolves around incorporating the already existing remote
data at rsync.net with rdiff-backup. Most the data is already at the
remote location - will rdiff-backup incorporate this into its backup
meta data? Or will it only "see" the files it copied over itself?

Thanks,

Fred.