[rdiff-backup-users] SafeKeep version 1.2.0 (stable) released

From: Dimi Paun
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] SafeKeep version 1.2.0 (stable) released
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 03:23:29 -0400

This is release 1.2.0 of SafeKeep, a centralized and easy to use
backup application that combines the best features of a mirror
and an incremental backup.

What's new in this release:
  - Implement bandwidth limiting, based on trickle
  - Add support for niced backup server (defaults to nice +10)
  - External callbacks throughout the backup process
  - Several minor improvements and fixes in usability
  - We now backup all special files by default
  - Add pass-through options for the DB dump command
  - Allow passing the pgpasswd to PostgreSQL
  - Avoid errors for mounts containing spaces
  - Correctly handle LVM names that contain dashes
  - Fix dopey MySQL dump.

Many thanks to Frank Crawford for providing many patches
for new features and bug fixes in this release.

Because of lags created by using mirrors, this message may reach you before
the release is available at the public sites. Sources and binaries will be
available from the following locations:

  - RedHat EL 3,4,5, CentOS 3,4,5, Fedora 4,5,6,7,8,9,10:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/safekeep/safekeep-common-1.2.0-1.fc8.noarch.rpm

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/safekeep/safekeep-client-1.2.0-1.fc8.noarch.rpm

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/safekeep/safekeep-server-1.2.0-1.fc8.noarch.rpm
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/safekeep/safekeep-1.2.0-1.fc8.src.rpm

  - Ubuntu Edgy, Dapper, and Breezy:
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/safekeep/safekeep-common_1.2.0_all.deb
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/safekeep/safekeep-client_1.2.0_all.deb
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/safekeep/safekeep-server_1.2.0_all.deb

  - Source:
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/safekeep/safekeep-1.2.0.tar.gz

To find out more about the project visit on our website:
  http://safekeep.sourceforge.net

--
Dimi Paun <address@hidden>
Lattica, Inc.