[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup starting over on interrupted restore

From: phersh
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup starting over on interrupted restore
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:44:42 -0400

Hi,
I was using rsync from unix-host to backup-server (rsync.net) to a
windows-dev-pc but I wanted to keep incremental snapshots.
I am trying rdiff-backup. From the unix-host to the backup-server is working
great. But to the windows-dev-pc I'm getting "Network error: Software caused
connection abort" errors  and when I restart rdiff-backup it starts over.

Is there a way to get rdiff-backup to continue where it left off, or can I use
rdiff-backup for the server -> backup-server part and then rsync to the
windows-dev-pc?

from unix-host to backup-server:
rdiff-backup  -v4 /home/gofrontr/public_html/files/ rsync::rdiff_files

from backup-server to windows-dev-pc:
rdiff-backup -r now --no-acls --no-hard-links -v5 --print-statistics
--remote-schema "plink -ssh -2 %s rdiff-backup --server"
address@hidden::rdiff_files C:\work\eclipsepdt\test\rdiff-backup

Thanks,
Phil