[rdiff-backup-users] Restore features: --list-at-time with file stats an

From: Smith, Randall B
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Restore features: --list-at-time with file stats and restore access control?
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 14:41:03 -0600

Has anyone made a patch to enable the --list-at-time command to display file
stats such as permissions, owner, size and type like ls -l does?

rdiff-backup could be an excellent solution for us. Our home and project
directories are NFS served and we'd like to back them up with rdiff-backup
using the client/server scheme to a backup host with RAID storage.

We'd also like to provide a simple console shell that our users could run on
their desktops. It would allow a user to browse and restore their backup
history with simple commands like cd, ls, mark (for restore), and restore by
driving rdiff-backup.

It would be important that users could only browse directories and restore
files to which they had read access to. Does the client/server scheme
enforce the access control? Our NFS and backup hosts only have
administrative access.

Thanks,

Randy