[rdiff-backup-users] option to preserve every nth backup older than a ce

From: Carl Chenet
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] option to preserve every nth backup older than a certain age
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 16:16:46 +0200

Hi,

Version: 1.2.8

Maybe rdiff-backup could get an option so that it would skip
deleting certain backups, even if they're too old. My theory is
that I'd like to keep daily backups for the last 60 days, but
anything older than that should be a monthly backup.

So if I backed up on 31 May, I would have backups for every day
since April 1. When I back up on 1 June, it would *not* delete the
backup for 1 April. If I back up on 2 June, it would delete the
backup on 2 April. This way, the back up from 1 April stays around
forever (until I manually delete it).

Wish by: martin f krafft <address@hidden>
Wish: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=370359

Bye,