Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Old back-up increments not deleted by rdiff-bac

From: Claus C Pörtner
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Old back-up increments not deleted by rdiff-backup
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 07:33:49 -0700

Jakob Unterwurzacher wrote:
No increments older than Wed May 27 01:00:04 2009 found, exiting.

The trick is that all the increments on /etc are also on /usr/local, but

Are you sure?
What does rdiff-backup --list-increments say?

Jakob

You are right. My bad.

I got the *actual* increments confused with the files session_statistics, mirror_metadata and file_statistics. The latter can potentially cover a much longer time period and are not deleted until an increment newer than them are deleted. Since my /usr/local changes relatively infrequently some of those rdiff session files were positively ancient.

Thanks for your help,

Claus