Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Full volume and rdiff-backup

From: Daniel Einspanjer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Full volume and rdiff-backup
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:44:09 -0400

On 10/10/09 10:32 AM, Carl Chenet wrote:
Le samedi 10 octobre 2009 à 10:17 -0400, Daniel Einspanjer a écrit :
I'm very new to rdiff-backup, so take my advice with a grain of salt,
but maybe it doesn't need a *lot* of space..
Maybe you could move all the session_statistics*.data and
file_statistics.data.gz files out of the rdiff-backup-data directory
temporarily and then have enough space to --remove-older-than.

-Daniel
Yes, that's what I meant by "manually do some removals" but I think it
could be interesting if rdiff-backup could manage this situation by
itself, not relying on me :)

That would be pretty cool, but it seems to me a pretty difficult challenge. You have the power and knowledge to back up those files somewhere safe, but rdiff-backup wouldn't know where it could put them other than just deleting them.

-Daniel