[rdiff-backup-users] backup single file

From: Nelson Serafica
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] backup single file
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:15:14 +0800

rdiff-backup was doing its job in backing up folders going to your backup server. My question is can rdff-backup back a single file?

I have a file rc.firewall located at /etc/rc.d. I want to backup the file rc.firewall and exclude other files such as rc.1, etc.

rdiff-backup --print-statistics --include rc.firewall --exclude '**'
address@hidden::/etc/rc.d/ /backup/servers/ns1
Fatal Error: Fatal Error: The file specification
    'rc.firewall'
cannot match any files in the base directory
    '/etc/rc.d'
Useful file specifications begin with the base directory or some
pattern (such as '**') which matches the base directory.
Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system

Any advise?