Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restarting development ... or starting over

From: Nicolas Jungers
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restarting development ... or starting over
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:16:48 +0200

On 04/05/2010 08:25 PM, Daniel Miller wrote:
I wasn't really prepared to make this announcement so soon, but now
seems like a good time to let the community know. I've been working
on a new implementation of rdiff-backup since about a month ago when

[snip]

I'm not a coder, an mainly a lurker on the list, but I'd like to stress what's for me the main difference between rdiff-backup and all the alternatives.

For what I know, rdiff-backup is the *only* backup program to do use the reverse difference approach.

Now, on top of that I'd like to have all the fanciness present in all the other programs, particularly a SQL backend for the metadata storage. But then I digress.

Regards,
Nicolas