Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Restarting development

From: Scott Carpenter
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Restarting development
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 16:43:30 -0500

Oliver Mattos spake thusly on 04/10/2010 04:32 PM:

One of the major nice things about rdiff-backup at the moment is the
ability to restore the latest version of the repository with a simple
file copy.  It also has a nice benefit that users can be given
read-only access the the backup if necessary, without requiring
special tools to extract files from it.

As a user, this is why I picked rdiff-backup over all the proprietary
backup solutions that make a massive binary blob containing your
backup.

Agreed! I also like a simple mirror, with incremental diffs available from there.

And contrary to my earlier statement about not voting, I'd like to cast my vote with continuing to develop rdiff-backup from the current codebase.

Scott C.