Re: [rdiff-backup-users] New GUI for rdiff-backup: JBackpack

From: Valerio Pachera
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] New GUI for rdiff-backup: JBackpack
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:35:14 +0200

2010/10/14 Ronny Standtke <address@hidden>:
> Hi all
>
> I just wanted to let you know that we (imedias, section of the University of
> Applied Science Northwestern Switzerland) have implemented a new GUI for
> rdiff-backup:
> http://www.nongnu.org/jbackpack/
>
> We hope you like it and appreciate any feedback.

Mmmm...what can I say....

Realy a grat job!!
My best compliment.

I made a single test yet, backing up my home di to a local directory
and it went straightforward.
I'm going to do some more tests in the next period.

I wonder only about smb. Does rdiff-backup work fine with it?
http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/FAQ.html#cifs
...By using smbfs or CIFS, the complete file is transferred over the network.