[rdiff-backup-users] Cron and Rdiff-backup

From: Dan Nugent
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Cron and Rdiff-backup
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:32:40 -0500

I am trying to use rdiff-backup from cron on an Ubuntu 10.04 server.  I have a script with this

rdiff-backup /home/dan/data /media/sdb1/data
rdiff-backup /home/dan/data2 /media/sda1/data

crontab looks like this:

* 21 * * * sh /home/dan/backupscript.sh

Here is the error I get from cron

Fatal Error:  It appears that a previous rdiff-backup session with process id 10778 is still running....

running only the first line (commenting out the second) with the same results.  If I manually run the script (with no comments) it runs smoothly with no errors.  I don't understand what cron is doing to make this fail.

--
\\Dan Nugent
CCA Technologies