Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Prevent rdiff-backup from deleting?

From: Sarel Botha
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Prevent rdiff-backup from deleting?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:28:51 -0500

A simple solution is to edit the python source code for rdiff-backup on the backup server and restrict what it will accept for the --remove-older-than argument.

You could also have two different versions of rdiff-backup on the backup server. One accessed remotely that has this option completely disabled (by editing the source). The other version would be the original code but can only be accessed from the local backup server.

Sarel