Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backing up sound files

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backing up sound files
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 12:06:43 +1000 (EST)

From: "Jeffrey Barish" <address@hidden>

I would like to use rdiff-backup to back up sound files (among others).  Some of
the files could be as large as 0.5 GB or more.  I am worried about how rdiff-
backup handles files of this size.  I think that performing a diff would waste
time and disk space.

Hi Jeffrey,
we frequently backup files larger than this all the time. It is reasonably efficient, as diffs are compressed. Is the audio already compressed?

--
Regards,

Dave Kempe