[rdiff-backup-users] Backup whole folder instead of his contents

From: Natanael Ramos
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup whole folder instead of his contents
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:11:01 -0200

Hello everyone.

I have a issue about a backup procedure with rdiff-backup. Let's say that i want to make a backup in the following way:

rdiff-backup foo /media/bar

When i do that, all the contents of "foo" are stored in "/media/bar/", but not "foo" itself. This is a problem to me because I want to backup multiple directories with the " --include-globbing-filelist include-list" option, if I do this, all the contents of the folders listed in "include-list" will be messy in the destination folder.

With rsync, if I do:

rsync -a foo /media/bar

"foo" and all of his contents will be transferred to "/media/bar" instead of his contents only.

So, is there any way to backup "foo" instead of only his contents?

Regards,

--
Natanael Ramos
Membro do corpo discente de Ciência da Computação pelo Instituto Federal de