Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Still maintained?

From: Nicholas Bailey
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Still maintained?
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 14:56:46 +0000

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 04:03:27 GMT Wes Cilldhaire wrote:
> I just wanted to let you know that we have included the functionality from
> rdiff-backup-delete into the github repository as a python script already:
> https://github.com/sol1/rdiff-backup/blob/master/rdiff-backup/misc/rdiff-bac
> kup-delete.py
>
> There's more work to be done with it though - at the moment it's a pretty
> slow algorithm that operates on supplied filenames sequentially and there
> is plenty of opportunity to optimize it for better performance.

Thank you for posting Wes. I'm using rdiff-backup "in production" too. It's
great to hear you're on the case, and that you understand the Open Source way.

I've just been looking into Raspberry Pi and Suspend to Ram. Somebody asked
about it on their list and they said "That isn't going to happen". So glad you
are the opposite of that.

JB/.