replacementforms-discuss

Re: [Oracle Forms replacement] Reviewing KOPI as Forms replacement : Dig

From: ibenheni
Subject: Re: [Oracle Forms replacement] Reviewing KOPI as Forms replacement : Digest, Vol 4, Issue 9
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:02:25 +0100

On 03/14/2012 06:09 PM, Jorge Cabezudo Perez wrote:
As a first review of KOPI, I found documentation files with SGM extension, maybe built on wordperfect, it's similar to XML. If someone can format these files, this could help to understand the steps to compile the suite.
Im using Windows 7, so I downloaded the jflex-1.4.3 and the java-getopt-1.0.13.jar (needed by the suite as the archive website says). Also downloaded make for windows and try to compile the suite with no success. I'll write the error messages in my next post.
Another consideration is that in the Makefile files, they use java1.4.3, so maybe we need to rewrite some code to delete old java language references.
Also tried to run the suite that is available under jar format with no success, it asks me for java-getopt class, I included in the CLASSPATH as an environment variable and as parameters (-classpath) but no success.

The documentation you found is old and can not help.
In order to compile kopi you need several libraries. I packaged the needed libraries in a file lib.zip that you can download from the following link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/kopi/files/lib/lib.zip/download
When you unzip it, you get a folder named lib. You have to make an environment variable named EXTDIRS that contains the path to the lib folder (e.g. EXTDIRS=/home/user/lib). The makefile will use it to configure java.ext.dirs whenever running the jvm.
You need also to define an environment variable named CLASSROOT (e.g. /home/user/classes, it is the destination of the build process, it will contain the compiled classes).
I am not sure if an environment variable named CLASSPATH have to be defined or not (if it does, it has to contain the current directory ".", the jre rt.jar and the CLASSROOT).

In order to compile applications in kopi language, you will need the common library, a library in kopi language that contains some common implementations (e.g. login window; otherwise, you will have to reimplement many things by yourself in order to have a working application). I uploaded a compiled version of the common classes that you can download from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/kopi/files/lib/classes.zip/download

You have to wait some more time until i make a tutorial or document about how to write your own kopi-based application. As you see, it is somewhat complicated (because there is no clear document about it, i myself found much trouble to figure it out).
Meanwhile, you can test ifriqiya (ERP and CRM free software based on kopi) as i posted before (you can download from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/kopi/files/Ifriqiya.zip/download ).

A note also about building, you downloaded make for windows, but there are build.xml ant files meant for building kopi on windows using ant, however i am not sure if they are working correctly (maybe some missing references).

Anyway, you can always contact me on address@hidden for further information, maybe you can also help me write the tutorial and we make it public here and wherever it makes sense.

--
regards,
Imed Ben Heni