replacementforms-discuss

[Oracle Forms replacement] Replacement for Oracle Forms - a Suggestion

From: nnigam1
Subject: [Oracle Forms replacement] Replacement for Oracle Forms - a Suggestion
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 11:01:35 -0400 (EDT)

Looking over the recent posts, I do not see much progress. I know that this is a volunteer effort so I am not complaining but would like to offer a suggestion.
I started from the xBase world and gravitated to Oracle. However, I still love xBase, and use it for personal stuff. A lot of my stuff that I developed in xBase, dBase, FoxPro, Clipper, I still use, or rather used until I came to windows 7 64 bit as they no longer work in this environment. Desperately seeking alternatives, I found your site and would love to help anyway that I can, though I have to admit that I am more of a high level developer so do not know how much use I can be. However, if there is something that I can do, I will try my best.
For the replacement, you need two tools. A front end forms developer environment and a backend engine or programming language to make the form work. MySql is a developed language and should work very well as the programming language. For the front end, how about adapting some of the xBase language functionality. I am sure that there are plenty of open source, free tools available for xBase that could be adapted, updated, or re-written to make the graphical forms pages. Clipper used to provide a couple of them I believe. These were easy to use, did the work, and created nice looking pages.
Just a comment. I appreciate everything that you guys do and wish that I could afford to help you out more.

--
Thank You
Neeraj Nigam