repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Evals and press released published

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Evals and press released published
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:00:20 -0700

On 04/25/2016 01:03 PM, Zak Rogoff wrote:
> https://www.fsf.org/news/gnu-releases-ethical-evaluations-of-code-hosting-services
>
> Thanks for your work on this, everyone! Please share it with anyone you
> think might be interested.
>
> Moving forward, I'm hoping these sites will be improving their scores,
> and it will inspire more to pile on.

I still object to the inconsistent and confusing wording about the
LibreJS item.

GitHub says: "Important site functionality does not work without running
nonfree JavaScript."

and Sourceforge says: "Important site functionality doesn't work without
JavaScript, or with LibreJS enabled." which is a confusing sentence with
a grammatically invalid comma.

This makes the criteria totally unclear. Just say for BOTH of them
"Important site functionality does not work with LibreJS enabled." Then
the criteria page itself can explain further.

I hope this could be updated ASAP.