repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Defining C6 (HTTPS) more precisely

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Defining C6 (HTTPS) more precisely
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 23:06:01 -0400

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 09:00:28 -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
> Quoting criteria C6:
>> Support HTTPS properly and securely, including the site's certificates. (C6)
>
> "properly and securely" seems rather vague.  I think we should spell out
> exactly what we expect.  Suggested wording:

rms wanted to keep the criteria short; a number of them were stripped
down.  It could be worth adding clarifications elsewhere.

Zak: I don't recall the details; did he object to clarification
elsewhere?  I think he preferred to be vague and let evaluators decide
on a case-by-case basis.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer