repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] B2 for Gitlab?

From: Connor Shea
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] B2 for Gitlab?
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 17:28:09 -0600

> COPYING has always been the file in which the GPL is stored; so it's
> more of a "why LICENSE over COPYING?".
I think the same could be said of "why COPYING over LICENSE?". If you add a COPYING file to a repository, that's recognized by GitLab and therefore by the API as the repository's License. However, I think that LICENSE is more universally accepted and agree with Aaron's arguments regarding its use over COPYING.
Best,
Connor Shea, GitLab Frontend Engineering Intern