repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Evaluation: F for git.pantsu.cat

From: Juuso Lapinlampi
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Evaluation: F for git.pantsu.cat
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 10:02:30 +0000

On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 10:41:43PM -0400, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> Zak: As Juuso noted, this is a small service; are we good with including
> any service that someone is willing to help evaluate?  I think it'd be a
> good idea, but list the most high-profile ones first.

This is not really up to me, but I'd say those which fit the criteria
for B or A or higher make more sense to be notable and more likely
reliable to be listed. I don't think the GNU Project's list needs to be
fully comprehensive of all the hundreds of repository hosts which don't
meet the criteria.

The other point is usability. In some sense those with private
registration or non-featureful Git interfaces may be just as comparable
to "hosting your own Git repository" on the Internet on some server,
like yours and not easily accessible for the majority of readers
accustomed to GitLab or Gitorious-like services.

This mailing list can be a resource for those which are also not notable
enough, and to coordinate cooperation to help those Git repositories
improve their criteria fulfillment and thus notability within the GNU
Project.